This BEST Vegan Caesar Salad recipe is really easy to make. Topped with creamy homemade caesar salad dressing, fresh homemade crunchy croutons. This is the most amazing vegan caesar salad recipe ever!
Vegan Caesar Salad
Yes, I love carbs but sometimes my life calls for a classic salad. This is my go-to salad recipe when I need a quick and easy recipe to throw together quickly.
This is a perfect side dish or if you’re in need of a good light dinner. I love how creamy the dressing is and the crunchy croutons take this salad to the next level!
Main Ingredients Needed
For this vegan caesar salad, I used common pantry staples. Here’s everything you’ll need to make this amazing caesar salad:
- Nutritional Yeast – This gives the salad dressing a cheese and nutty flavor.
- Vegan Mayonnaise – There are some amazing brands out there to use or you can make your own. I’ve got a great recipe you can use!
- Almond Milk – Any plant based milk will work. For this recipe I had almond milk on hand but normally I make it with oat milk.
- Lemon Juice – You can substitute the lemon juice with apple cider vinegar however, using lemon juice will make this taste more traditional.
- Dijon Mustard – Personally I love dijon mustard with horseradish. It will give it a bit of a kick that takes this recipe over the top!
- Garlic – Fresh minced garlic or you can really up your salad dressing with some roasted garlic.
- Vegan Worcestershire – If you don’t have vegan worcestershire on hand or if you can’t find it you can substitute it with teriyaki sauce.
- Salt and Pepper – I like to add extra pepper after so don’t put your pepper grinder away until later 😉
- Lettuce – For classic caesar salad you’ll use romaine but you can also use butter lettuce or bib lettuce.
- Firm Tofu – This will give you some extra protein. You can skip this ingredient if you don’t like tofu.
- Medium Baguette – Bakery baked baguette works best for the crunch croutons.
- Olive Oil – You’ll use the olive oil to roast the croutons.
How to Make Vegan Caesar Salad
Making this vegan caesar salad is very simple. For the full recipe and details check out the recipe card below.
Step 1: Preheat oven
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Croutons
Chop the baguette in slices and then chop those slices in halves. Place them in a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil all over them. This will provide nice and crunchy croutons. Bake them for 10-15 minutes, or until croutons are golden brown.
Step 3: Tofu
Chop tofu into small cubes. Cook them in a skillet with olive oil until golden on the sides. This will take about 12-15 minutes.
Step 4: Make dressing
In a small bowl combine the nutritional yeast, vegan mayonnaise, almond milk, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
Step 5: Chop lettuce
Next, chop your romaine lettuce.
Step 6: Salad
Bring all the ingredients of the salad into a big salad bowl and garnish with vegan caesar dressing. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Vegan Caesar Salad Tips
For the perfect vegan caesar salad take a look at a few tips I’ve added below:
- The best lettuce types for this recipe are cos, romaine, or oak.
- Bakery-made baguette is my favorite bread for this salad, but sandwich bread would work too. Follow the same steps to make the croutons.
- If you can’t find vegan Worcestershire sauce, replace it with teriyaki sauce.
- Roasted garlic is better than fresh garlic. It really adds extra flavor.
- Use the dressing as a dip for wraps or roasted veggies.
Storing caesar dressing
You might not have any leftovers after making this. However, you can make this ahead of time, or if you do have some leftover you’ll want to store this in a container and place it in the fridge. It will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge if it lasts that long!
Love this vegan caesar salad recipe? Check out these recipes:
- Vegan Mayo
- Peanut Butter Power Bits
I love this vegan caesar salad. I really hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think below!
Vegan Caesar Salad
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 10 oz firm tofu
- 1 loaf medium baguette
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop the baguette in slices and then chop those slices in half. Place them on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. This will provide a nice and crunchy croutons. Bake them for 10-15 minutes, or until croutons are golden brown.1/2 tsp salt, 1 loaf medium baguette, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp black pepper
- While the croutons are baking, chop the tofu into small cubes. Cook them in a skillet with olive oil until golden on the sides. This will take about 12-15 minutes.2 tbsp olive oil, 10 oz firm tofu
- To make the dressing. In a small bowl combine the nutritional yeast, vegan mayonnaise, almond milk, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and salt. Whisk to combine.2 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise, 2 tbsp almond milk, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1 tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt
- Chop 1 head of romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces.1 head romaine lettuce
- Bring all the ingredients of the salad into a big salad bowl and garnish with vegan caesar dressing. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.